Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Peter Thomas Senese Donates Book Proceeds To Help Abducted Children

Peter Thomas Senese Continues to Donate All Book Proceeds To I CARE Foundation: Author Helps Children and Their Familes of Abduction

 

I am pleased to share that due to the success the I CARE Foundation has had in assisting children and their families targeted for international parental child abduction, I will continue to donate 100% of my e-book royalties to the I CARE Foundation.

The proceeds generated from my international thrillers including Chasing The Cyclone, The Den of the Asssassin, and Cloning Christ have assisted families who have either been victims of abduction or targeted for abduction.  It has been a very rewarding experience to know that my writing is not only entertaining readers all around the world, but more importantly, the product of my effort is that there are some families that have been aided through the activity of the I CARE Foundation, which has in part, benefited from the resources I have contributed.

International parental child abduction is a terrible issue that continues to grow.  In fact, I suspect the number of reported abductions will continue to grow not simply because of an increase in multi-cultural marriages and partnerships, but because the modern day family now includes same-sex partnerships, which in the Untied States has seen 250,000 children being raised within the 650,000 legal same-sex family units. Of course, some of these families will face challenges related to abduction,too.  However, until recently, these types of abductions appear to not have been factored into the total number of forcasted abduction projections.

When I first decided to write Chasing The Cyclone it was due to my desire to help other parents by educating them and other stakeholders of the grave issues connected to IPCA.  I am pleased with the impact of Chasing The Cyclone; however, there clearly is a long way to go. 

Nevertheless, from the idea of a book and the power of writing, there has come many benefits including the fact that some children have been legally reunited with their parents.  The activity of the I CARE Foundation has been very helpful to many parents. And with new efforts to help children and  their parents, I hope more families will be assisted.

That is my goal. Pretty simple: to educate as many parents as possible about the issues of IPCA so they may protect their kids.

So, I am pleased to share with you that my efforts to help families will continue. Here are a few testimonials about my work.

Here are a few reviews of Chasing The Cyclone.  The hardcover will come out later this year; however, all of my novels are presently available in E-book on Amazon and BN.

Thank you for your interest in my writing and your support of the I CARE Foundation.

Peter Thomas Senese
 
 
Critics Are Praising
Chasing The Cyclone!
"Chasing The Cyclone is a well-written thriller . . . Senese shares myriad emotions by writing in the first-person as he weaves through the action in this suspense-filled story . . . Filled with a plethora of powerful characters and puzzling predicaments and dead ends, the story moves quickly . . . Cyclone will leave you informed and satisfied . . . you will be reluctant to put down." - New York Journal Of Books

"Peter Thomas Senese is a gifted storyteller who takes readers on a heart pounding journey around the globe . . . The writing is raw and the emotions are real . . . The story is filled with twists and turns . . . You will not be able to put it down. It may very well change the way you look at life, child custody, and interactions with your child's other parent. I cannot endorse this book strongly enough." – The Examiner

"Suspenseful! Nail-Biting! Engaging! These are just the outer layers of Peter Thomas Senese's emotionally charged … Chasing The Cyclone [is] an intricately woven web outlined in 400-pages that includes lawyers, lies, international laws and politics, betrayal, court appearances, and how one parent can shrewdly use the innocence of a child as a pawn to exact revenge, to spew hate and to extort funds from the financially able parent. Senese's Chasing the Cyclone_ is powerful because it is borne from experience. It is richly detailed and emotionally wrought with an accuracy that can only be known by those who endured such traumas. Well-written and expertedly executed: A must read!" – V Stevenson, Reviewer at Kirkus

"Peter Thomas Senese now opens the windows on the magnitude of these tragedies in his excellent "Chasing The Cyclone"... As if the fast paced energy of this story weren't enough to satisfy the reader, Peter Thomas Senese demonstrates his quality as a writer of distinction on many levels... this impossible to put down book." - Dr. Grady Harp: Amazon Hall Of Fame Reviewer

"If I had to use one word to describe Chasing the Cyclone by Peter Thomas Senese it would be phenomenal. As in remarkable. Extraordinary. I have read many books over the years, for enjoyment, for education, because I had to, because I wanted to. I cannot think of any other book that comes close to making me feel as I did when I read this book. I believe these feelings will stick with me forever." – Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews